Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mantras

"Positivity and a stick of mint gum; It'll get you through anything. At least that's what I always say." -Dartez

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." -Thoreau

‎"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master." -Hemingway

"I have two speeds- 1) destroy everything 2) sleep" -Dartez (originated from my friend Danny)

"I have this harmless habit of being fine wherever I am." -Jason Boland

"People can be noble, people can be cruel; they'll make you president or treat you like a fool. But she always treated me mighty fine." -unk blues song

‎"I love adjectives. I'm actually part of the adjectives club of america." -Dartez

"To be yourself is all that you can do." -Audioslave

‎"We'll never be as young as we is tonight." -Chuck Palahniuk

"Everything burns" -Andrew Fanning

"Love is physics in it's most intangible state" -Dartez

"There is no shortcut to a dream" -Broken Bells

‎"Fault lines should be worn with pride." -Incubus

"I love being the least hungover person out of a group of hungover people. Its a feeling of victory." -Dartez

"A measure of a mans character isn't on their shoulder or sleeve but in their actions." -unk

"Shit'll buff-out; always does." -Dartez

"Attitude and alcohol can alter you mood; music flows thickly into your ears and may change your views; but remember this ladies and gentleman: no matter what one man does, says, or thinks, the sun always will shine on the grass that waves in the morning wind." -Dartez

"The world has its ways to quiet us down." -Jack Johnson

"Brevity is the soul of wit" -Shakespeare (My pops actually taught me that one)

"Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best." -Edward Abbey

"It is never too late to give up our prejudices" -Thoreau

"I can't part the red sea nor build an arc but I can turn hot water into instant coffee on a good day." -Dartez

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." -George Orwell

"My doctor tells me I should start slowing it down - but there are more old drunks than there are old doctors so let's all have another round." -Willie Nelson

"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them." -William 'Bill' Vaughan

"The dawning of a new day brings hope that my unpaved road will be lit by the sunshine that stayed my course yesterday. Optimism is all I can offer for today's trials and tribulations."- Dartez

"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences." -Christopher McCandless

(Compiled Mar 12, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment