Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sometimes.

Toeing rocks, little pebbles of rocks to and fro. Life is pretty simple sometimes; you live, love, laugh, cry, and die. Sometimes things are a little less than amazing, but worry not my friends; the world is full of beauty. Being swept away in a whirlwind of love or hate isn’t something most plan on; the places you go, the things you see may make you, but the people you meet are a constant. If I had a son and the only advice I could give him would be to never be what he wasn’t. If I had a daughter I would tell her to always hold her chin up and never let some silly fret get her down. If I could give my best friend a word of courage I’d give him a whole sentence. If I could give my mother 20 years I would tell her to do it all over again, every mistake, every friend would still be there for years to come. If I could give my dog some advice I would be diagnosing the doctor. Sometimes I say something worthwhile. Sometimes.

The little things in life, that’s what gets them down sometimes. Hoards of people walk by spewing their stories, tales of laughter and heartache, I’ve heard them all. Life you see, is one big story. Sometimes the nicest thing a man can do is to shut up and listen to someone’s novel. Sometimes the worst thing a man can do is to make someone listen to their story.
Who am I? I wonder this sometimes. I am 25, a quarter century old. I have seen places that some haven’t, I have thought things that most don’t. I try to go at life in a manner that some may recount later, I try not to be the punch-line, but sometimes it happens. I try to smile through the grit sometimes, I try to laugh at those demons when the rear their ugly heads. I am by no mean a strong man, but hell, sometimes I do what’s right.

Sometimes it’s best to not worry about the near and far, but the in-between. Sometimes you have to do what you don’t want to. Sometimes you get what you want. Sometimes you have to splurge. Sometimes it’s best to swallow your pride, heck that’s most times. Sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind. Sometimes the assumptions are correct. Sometimes money is the worst thing a man can need. Sometimes the rules are right, sometimes. Sometimes a long trip alone is all you need. Sometimes making someone smile is the best gift you can give. Sometimes that light your chasing down the tunnel turns out to be a train. Sometimes you have to fight. Sometimes contrast is what you need. Sometimes..

No comments:

Post a Comment